Are you a special education classroom teacher with three or fewer years of experience who loves to write? Want to share your stories with your colleagues?
Reality 101 is searching for CEC members to chronicle their teaching experiences for the 2011-12 school year. With Reality 101 acting as your online journal, your stories will give readers a chance to get to know you, offer advice, cheer you on, and share their own stories.
Apply today! Deadline is June 17.
- Be CEC members in good standing and maintain current membership through at least June 2012.
- Be special education classroom teachers with three or fewer years' experience in the field. Other types of direct service providers and students engaged in ongoing field experience are also eligible.
- Have the permission of their school principal or other supervisor (see Section B of the application).
CEC is looking for:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of blogs and other forms of social media.
- Proof of excellent writing skills.
- Creativity and enthusiasm.
Bloggers will be expected to:
- Write concise (approximately 500 words) and compelling entries about their experiences as new special educators.
- Contribute consistently (at least twice per month) from August 2011 through June 2012 and adhere to a pre-established publication schedule. Estimated time commitment is four (4) hours per month.
- Regularly monitor and respond to reader comments on the blog.
Each blogger will receive:
- Complimentary one-year CEC Professional-level membership.
- Complimentary copies of the following CEC publications: Collaborate Smart, Survival Guide for the First-Year Special Education Teacher, Thriving as a Special Educator, and What Every Special Educator Must Know ("The Red Book").
- $100 gift certificate for use toward CEC products and professional development.
- An invitation to attend and present at the CEC 2012 Convention & Expo, April 11-14 in Denver.
Please contact Anna Baker at CEC Headquarters: 703-264-9468 or firstname.lastname@example.org.